JOIN OUR TEAM
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Work Connections Manager
The Work Connections Manager for Steps to Success is responsible for supporting all STS internship programming at the high school level. This includes overseeing the enrollment and success of STS 9th-12th grade students in both school year and summer internship programs. The Work Connections Manager must work in collaboration with STS staff, Public Schools of Brookline (PSB) staff, internship host sites, and other partners, to ensure program excellence. The Work Connections Manager is a part-time position (approx: 28 hours per week) and will report to the STS Executive Director.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication with new and existing internship site partners
- Establish and maintain excellent communication and partnership with PSB STS High School Advising Staff
- Ensure adequate enrollment and participation in programs (in conjunction with PSB STS advisors)
- Create and maintain systems for tracking linked to goals and objectives
- Create and maintain evaluations to measure program outcomes and satisfaction
- Manage budgets/purchasing
- Oversee timesheet processes and payments
- Hire, onboard, and oversee seasonal staff for internship support
- Plan, facilitate, and implement, in conjunction with community partners, all required workshops, orientations, and trainings for interns
- Contribute to grant proposals and reports as needed for internship programming
- Ensure compliance with all grant-related requirements for internship programming
- Make frequent internship site visits, and program observations
- Trouble-shoot larger student issues in conjunction with PSB staff, internship site staff, and parents
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience with educational enrichment, out of school time programming, and/or internship management
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of internship and/or out-of-school time programs for high school aged students
- A love for K-12 education and a belief in STS’s mission
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on projects
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive, adaptable, and flexible approach to work
- Excellent computer literacy skills particularly with MS Office Suite and Google cloud applications
- Must have access to a car
- Knowledge of Brookline public schools a plus
- Hourly, Commensurate with experience
Steps to Success does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please apply by sending a thoughtfully worded cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Specify “Application for Work Connection Coordinator” in the subject line.
Approximate start date for position is December 11, 2017.